Costa menu before it went on sale to the general public. Lucky me eh? I'm going to hold my hands up here and admit that i'm not a regular hot drink drinker and coffee isn't really my thing. But I loved the Orange Hot Chocolate. It was perfectly decedent and had a lovely aftertaste. The White Hot Chocolate was a treat! I couldn't manage the whole drink as it was very rich but richness is what you want at Christmas right? If you can't go all out during the festive season, then when can you?
The Hot Spiced Apple tasted just like cider but without the alcohol. The cinnamon stick was a great touch and really added to the flavour. The treats? Oh my, they were delicious! If I had to pick, my favourites was the giant mince pie - which i've had twice since - and the childhood favourite cornflake cake with a festive holly leaf.
We were also kindly given a voucher to try their festive sandwiches range and I made a beeline for the Cheese Board Panini. It makes me sad that it's only limited edition as I could eat it every day for lunch! I'm already planning my third one in the space of a few weeks. It's perfect for any cheese lover and the tangy cranberry sauce helps to enhance it rather than overwhelm it!
The Brie, Bacon and Cranberry Panini is next on my list. Sounds yummy eh?
Have you tried their Christmas menu yet?
Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Monday, 17 November 2014
1. Conversations at the pub on a Friday night now consist of pensions and house deposits.
2. People will find it strange when you say you're not too sure about having children. They tell you not to worry as your biological clock will start ticking soon... That old chestnut.
3. It's still perfectly acceptable to wear crop tops.
4. After being with your boyfriend for eight years, marriage will be the talking point at any family get together. They will also find it strange that you don't want a ring on your finger.
5. Those crease under your eyes are permanent fixtures when you smile.
6. Life admin is very satisfying to do on a Friday night.
7. Those hangover now last for two days.
8. Netflix marathons are the way forward and you wake up as fresh as a daisy the day after. Result!
9. Thanks to nearly three years of full time work, you will find it impossible to sleep in after 9am on the weekend. Those midday uni lay ins are long gone.
10. There's no better feeling in the world than being id'ed on a night out. You still look youthful!
11. You still find it hard to make your wage packet last longer than two weeks. At least you live like a Queen in those first two weeks of every month eh?
12. You can still bust those shapes on the dancefloor to TLC and remember all the lyrics to Yeah by Usher.
13. You find it mortifying when you find out someone is born in the 1990's even though you were only born in 1989.
14. You still choose to buy that dress over being able to afford a night out. Who needs wine when you have sequins?
15. Backstreets boys will always rule over every other band.
16. Those group of friends you befriended at the tender age of 17 in sixth form are keepers. They know your inner, most darkest secrets and they still wants to be friends. Amazing.
17. You still pinch yourself you're living your childhood dream of being able to write for a living. It won't ever get any less surreal.
18. You can't really get away with eating junk food every day. Sometimes you have to eat healthily as much as it pains you.
19. You will still always choose a burger over vegetables.
20. After 25 years you still struggle to stay on your feet. Drunk or sober.
21. You're just too old to appreciate mosh pits at a gig.
22. Your parents will always be your biggest cheerleaders.
23. It's brilliant to finally have a solid group of girl mates after being one of the lads for many, many years.
24. Seeing the world is one of the most humbling experiences ever. Travel is truly amazing.
25. You still refuse point blank to be a grown up.
Sunday, 16 November 2014
Quilted faux leather jacket: Zara (similar)
Grey polo neck jumper: Primark (similar)
Jacquard black and silver floral midi skirt: c/o Poppy Lux
Croc effect chunky heeled pointed courts: c/o Florence and Fred
When this skirt popped through my letterbox, I immediately thought of Christmas. There's just something about the metallic colours that scream the festive season to me. I think it's a keeper for Christmas Day. There's plenty of room to scoff down an insane amount of cheese and biscuits on the big day. What more could you want? Etail PR have come to the rescue!
I can't get over how fast November is creeping past. I feel like I'm going to blink and it's going to be December. My diary is starting to fill up with lots of Christmas get togethers and my shopping list is fast getting ticked off. I have a trip to Bruges in a few weeks which I'm extremely excited about. I'm not usually much of a Christmas fan - working in retail kinda sucks it out of you. But this year I'm enjoying seeing all the mince pies and Christmas trees pop up in shops. Working in food has meant that I've already had my fill of festive treats since the beginning of the month - long may it continue!